Sunday, November 8, 2009

Two birthday cakes this weekend

I did two birthday cakes this past weekend. One was for a friend's daughter's 1st birthday. The theme was a ladybug picnic. This was the biggest cake I have done to date! It was 10, 8 and 6 inch rounds. I had a lot of fun with this one.



And a close up of the picnic basket and the ladybugs enjoying their picnic:


The second one was made for a friend of a friend. The birthday boy has a hobby of DJ-ing/spinning and she asked if I could make a cake to look like a turntable. I was way out of my comfort zone with this one since I am not familiar with them at all. I found some different pictures online and did my best with it. I am happy to report that the cake was a hit!

3 comments:

  1. I cannot express to you just how perfect the ladybug picnic cake is! I am in awe of your talent, the cake was more than I ever expected it to be. You have a gift!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Both myself and the birthday boy were blown away by the turntable cake. Everyone ooh'd and aww'd over it all night long. HUGE HIT!!
    p.s. the carrot cake was so yummy (=

    ReplyDelete