Sunday, March 10, 2013

Birthday parties for grown-ups

I don't do many birthday cakes for adult birthday parties, so when I do I really enjoy doing them!

 
The next 5 pictures were for an 80th birthday party for an avid boater.  I was given pictures of past boats and logos for past and present boat/yacht clubs.  The bottom tier has the 4 boats an dthe top tier has the club logos.  The flag on top contained a special message from the guest of honor's grandchildren.
 
 



 This was for a combination 36th birthday and college graduation:



This was was probably my most challenging cake to date.  The topper is the sign language sign for "OK".  I made the hand out of rice krispy treats and covered it in modeling chocolate.


 
 
 
  
For 3 birthdays that happened in the winter:

 

1 comment: